Search Protect by Conduit is a very annoying program, which is regretfully installed on many computers today. As a result of its presence users cannot search for anything with their personal preferences. The search is modified by unwanted amendments introduced by Conduit Search. As a result, the homepage of your browser will start with search.conduit.com, and the very search will be redirected through this domain name as well. Use this guide that will help you remove Search Protect by Conduit from your system.
Search Protect by Conduit is a part of Conduit Search browser hijacker. This application is used by the owners of Conduit to prevent users from removing it. How do you actually define the presence of this potentially unwanted program on your computer? Well, if you open Task Manager of your PC and find CltMngSvc.exe running process, this means that this potentially unwanted program is active. This process is related to Search Protect by Conduit Updater. The typical file location for this process is C:\Program Files\SearchProtect\bin\CltMngSvc.exe. Keep in mind that this startup entry is installed as a Windows service. Still, this doesn’t mean that the services rendered by Search Protect by Conduit are good. We strongly believe that it is not secure to keep this software running on your PC.
First of all, if you have the homepage of your browser hijacked by search.conduit.com, this means that the browser will function very slow. It will be burdened by a large number of annoying advertisement banners displayed at the hijacked homepage. Plus, the redirected search results will be full of sponsored links. Clicking both ads and links may bring you to other unwanted websites, which may force you to install many other potentially unwanted programs, such as adware, browser hijackers, add-ons, extensions, etc.
Search Protect by Conduit is most commonly spread together with many other free applications downloaded and installed by users. If fail to carefully read the setup instructions of such freeware programs, then you may end up seeing your browser hijacked as explained above. So, please always carefully read the End User License Agreements of such free applications, don’t allow any unwanted installations to take place without your consent. Also, make sure that you always select the choice of a custom software installation, instead of the regular (standard) one. This is where you will be able to deselect any other unwanted installations from being implemented.
We strongly recommend you to get rid of Search Protect by Conduit through scanning your PC with a reliable security software. Doing so will help you remove all files and registry entries related to this browser hijacker, and reset your browser affected by this PUP. Please follow our uninstall instructions provided below.
Screenshot of CltMngSvc.exe active process:
Anti-malware tool necessary for Search Protect automatic removal
Similar removal video:
SearchProtect detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Search Protect from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Search Protect and Conduit Search hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Remove Search Protect by Conduit software.To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Search Protect program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click Search Protect with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Conduit Search from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Search Protect program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this potentially unwanted program and its browser hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this malware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all malicious remnants related to Conduit Search and SearchProtect PUP.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this potentially unwanted program.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after SearchProtect virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.