If you permanently see SearchCanvas in the home page of your browser, then surely your browser is in a trouble. This means it has been brutally hijacked by this nasty and unwanted program classified as browser hijacker. This program changed the home page of your browser into searchcanvas.com, whereas all your search queries are now permanently redirected through sap.searchcanvas.com. The occurrence of this hijacker in your PC is not a tragedy yet, however, we strongly recommend that you implement our recommendations below to get rid of SearchCanvas from your computer.
SearchCanvas is actively distributed in the Internet today through being bundled by default with many other free applications. Users who spend a lot of time downloading and installing various free programs need to pay close attention to what exactly they install into their computers by default. You need to always select the option of a custom or advanced installation where you may easily uncheck all unwanted third-party offers from becoming the part of your system by default.
Some users today actually fail to be duly attentive while they deal with free software. So, they may easily permit all junk programs like SearchCanvas to become the part of their PC and their browser. We recommend you to be very careful and even picky when you install any free application. You need to make sure you only install those applications you really need. In case you’re instructed to download and install a lot of other junk, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck this junk from becoming the part of your system.
Actually, to look for the information through SearchCanvas and its search page called search.searchcanvas.com is the waste of your time. This program will not furnish you with any relevant search results, plus you may be redirected to various dangerous third-party domains that may also infect your system. We recommend you to be careful again and again. If you’ve seen SearchCanvas as the part of your system make sure you immediately follow the guide below to get rid of this infection. You need to scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and reset your browsers with its help. If you require more assistance on our part, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate SearchCanvas automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of SearchCanvas.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SearchCanvas are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.