SimpleNewTab is an unwanted add-on, which can be installed into most popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. After installation you will start facing Simple New Tab when opening each new tab of your browser. At the same time, not all users really appreciate such amendments into their browsers. So, this guide will furnish you with the relevant information dedicated to removal of this add-on.
SimpleNewTab is advertised at its own site in the following way – “Allows you to customize the new tab URL. Click the options to change the URL. This extension allows you to customize the new tab URL. Click the options to change the URL. And when you open a new tab it will load the URL you specified. By default it loads “about:newtab” page”. It may be that some users will like this add-on to be enabled, whereas some will not.
SimpleNewTab is commonly bundled with the installers of some other free programs. It is the responsibility of each single user to be careful not to install anything else in addition to the main software of their selection. So, you should be careful not to permit any hidden installations to occur. Read the End User License Agreements carefully and you will be aware in advance about all useless additional components that you do not need.
You may remove SimpleNewTab from your browser simply through disabling the add-on and deleting it later on. Also, you might need to do it automatically using the tool recommended below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate SimpleNewTab automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of SimpleNewTab.
Step 1. Uninstalling SimpleNewTab from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SimpleNewTab are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall SimpleNewTab adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on SimpleNewTab program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.