Presence of speedfox://custom-tab/ in your Mozilla Firefox browser is caused by its SpeedFox 188.8.131.52-signed add-on. We’ve seen cases when this extension was suggested to be installed by default when installing other free software. It is quite obvious that it is necessary for all people who deal with freeware to pay close attention to what exactly they are going to install into their PCs in addition to the main applications of their choice. This is the best way to avoid SpeedFox 184.108.40.206-signed installation.
So, what can be done to completely remove speedfox://custom-tab/ from the home page of Mozilla Firefox? The answer to this question is quite simple, by the way. You need to access the respective section of your Mozilla Firefox browser and disable SpeedFox 220.127.116.11-signed extension. Finally, remove it.
The fact that SpeedFox 18.104.22.168-signed add-on is in your Mozilla Firefox browser means that probably other malicious applications are active in your system too. Obviously, it is much simpler to prevent these unwanted programs from penetrating into your system, than to look for the information about their removal after those attacks were successful.
Again, we would like to emphasize your attention on the necessity to be extremely careful while you surf the world wide web. You need to be careful when you deal with cost-free programs. Do not permit any junk software to be made the part of your computer. To avoid their installation, always choose the option of a custom or advanced installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to avoid infiltration of unwanted programs into your system.
To sum up the above-said information, please follow the guide below to remove SpeedFox 22.214.171.124-signed from your system. The best way to clean your PC completely is to scan it with the help of a proven antispyware application. You may do it with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is powerful enough to get rid of the most sneakiest malware from your system.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate speedfox://custom-tab/ automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of speedfox://custom-tab/.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SpeedFox 126.96.36.199-signed are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall susicious adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on such program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.