SSFK.exe and SFKEX.exe are two malicious programs belonging to the SFK folder. This folder is typically located in the “Program Files” directory of your PC. The very SFK folder is extremely malicious and is related to one or several browser hijackers, such as Mysearch123. In this guide you will find the relevant information that will help you to get rid of these nasty programs, as well as all other related and non-related malware from your system.
The purpose of this entire SFK folder and the programs in it is to prevent you from removing nasty browser hijackers from your system (like Mysearch123). No matter what you do, you will not be able to fix the problem of search engine redirection through mysearch123.com unless you first get rid of SFK folder completely.
Speaking about browser hijackers and malicious applications like SFK folder, they’re all distributed in the world wide web these days on the basis of being integrated by default with other free programs. You need to be very careful when you install freeware into your system. Always note what other additional applications you’re going to install into your PC in addition to the initial software of your choice. Reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) is a good way to find out about additional applications which might be suggested for you to be installed into your system by default. If you do find the information about these additional applications you don’t need, please switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you will be able to uncheck all these unwanted extras from becoming the part of your system.
Problems start happening when people fail to be attentive when they deal with free applications. Sometimes they hurry up to install some free software and don’t wish to read all such important installation details. Very often they just don’t read the setup instructions and simply click on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. This is when they permit various junk software to be made the part of their computers. SFK folder with its SSFK.exe & SFKEX.exe programs are installee exactly like that! So, again, please be extremely careful while installing freeware into your system.
If you’re stuck with Mysearch123, Delta-Homes or any other browser hiajckers, most likely you need to remove this SFK folder and related malware from it. The best way to do it is to scan your system with a proven antispyware application like GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. This tutorial below explains how to do it.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate SSFK.exe & SFKEX.exe viruses automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of SSFK.exe & SFKEX.exe infections.
- Make sure you can see hidden files and folders in your PC.
- Go to the C:/Program Files/SFK folder.
- Open the Task Manager of our computer.
- Stop (end) SSFK.exe & SFKEX.exe processes through the Task Manager and remove these programs from the SFK folder afterwards.
- Reset your browsers.
- Restart your PC.