TheBrowser version 188.8.131.52 is a potentially unwanted software. It may be installed together with other free applications downloadable on the web. This software is self-advertised as “a web browser built for speed, simplicity, and security“. When bundled with free software, it is promoted as “a lightweight and simple design browser made to boost up speed and provide the smoothest and super-fast browsing experience compared to any existing browser in the market“. What a nice thing indeed, isn’t it? The sad thing about TheBrowser is that is was designed to perform the role of adware and spyware in your computer, instead of actually providing you with decent information search services.
Once installed, TheBrowser may even replace all other browsers available in your computer. When you try to open Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you will see TheBrowser to be launched instead. Presence of this application may be easily traced through the Task Manager program. You will notice TheBrowser (32 bit) process as running, and when you right-click on it you will see the option to open file location. This will lead you to TheBrowser.exe executable located in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\TheBrowser\Application\ directory.
When opening, TheBrowser will be launched with www-mysearch.com page on startup. Any search queries made through www-mysearch.com will be redirected through Bing Search, which has nothing to do with the developers or distributors of TheBrowser software.
While surfing the web through this pseudo browsers, users may additionally see various intrusive advertisements marked as Ads by TheBrowser in various parts of the screen. These ads may lead users to various unsafe places in the web, through which the PC may be eventually infected with other dangerous applications.
Summarizing the above-said information, it is recommended that you immediately uninstall TheBrowser from your computer. We propose that you do it automatically using the reliable malware removal tool as shown below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate TheBrowser automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to TheBrowser version 184.108.40.206:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete TheBrowser version 220.127.116.11. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of TheBrowser version 18.104.22.168.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with TheBrowser version 22.214.171.124 are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall TheBrowser version 126.96.36.199 program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on TheBrowser version 188.8.131.52 program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with TheBrowser version 184.108.40.206 again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.