Triangulum is a new adware currently circulating actively in the world wide web and infecting as many PCs as possible. Distribution of this adware takes place through installation of some other free applications by users. Definitely, it is necessary that users always pay close attention to what other cost-free utilities they are going to install into their PCs along with the initial free software of their choice.
Triangulum program, once installed and enabled, starts displaying pretty many intrusive advertisement banners. Typically they will be marked as brought by Triangulum, powered by Triangulum, or simply as Triangulum Ads. In addition to these advertisements you will keep facing tons of annoying pop-ups through your browser which may redirect you to all kinds of malicious places in the Internet. As a result, your PC may become infected even more tremendously.
Triangulum may attack all widely used browsers today, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. If you prefer to use some other browsers based on the Chromium open source project, they may become infected as well. Clicking on Triangulum Ads is strongly not recommended, since you may end up installing plenty of other totally useless and even dangerous applications into your computer. So, you are recommended to get rid of this adware as soon as possible.
When speaking about removal of Triangulum you need to realize that this might not be an easy undertaking to do it manually. The adware might be concealed under some hidden processes, which will be running in the backgroibiund. In order to detect them effectively you need to possess with advanced computer skills. You may remove Triangulum Ads quite effectively if you thoroughly scan your PC with a decent anti-virus program as explained in the rest of this guide.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Triangulum Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Triangulum.
Step 1. Uninstalling Triangulum from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Triangulum are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Triangulum adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Triangulum program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.