Vi View is the browser hijacker, the infection mostly attacking browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As a result, your home page will be modified, now turned into mystart.vi-view.com, whereas your search queries will all be redirected through searches.vi-view.com. This is the application developed by Flyingbird Technology Limited, another company engaged in massive development and distribution of all sorts of browser hijackers in the past and nowadays.
Vi-View browser hijacker is actively distributed today together with many other free applications downloaded and installed by users from various online resources. So, if you are a person who regularly deals with cost-free applications, make sure that you don’t install any unwanted extras into your computer. Please always carefully read the installation guidelines of free programs you decide to download and install into your computer. Also, it is a good practice to always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is how you will be able to cancel all other installations from being implemented on your computer.
Vi-View hijacker doesn’t really furnish you with any relevant search results. What it does is simply stealing the search results from other search engines, and combining them with a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links displayed on the top of these search results. As a result, when you look for something through searches.vi-view.com, you will first see a lot of junk information, and then, in the bottom part, you might see some information related to your queries. But, as we said already, this will mostly be not the data relevant to your queries.
Vi View hijacker comes to computers being bundled with other applications. It is your duty to pay attention to what else you’re offered to install into your computer, together with the initial program of your selection. To get rid of vi-view.com from your computer we recommend you to follow the tutorial below that will help you uninstall this PUP (potentially unwanted program) from your computer.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Vi-View hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Vi-View. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Similar removal video that explains removal of Vi-View hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Vi-View step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling programs related to Vi-View hijack from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list below, or similar programs).
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Vi-View hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to Vi-View trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Vi-View virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to vi-view.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Milestones to fix the Desktop shortcuts and Quick Launch and Stat menu items of your browser affected by Vi View hijack:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“:
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to Vi View hijack. If you see any website related to Vi-View, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Vi-View hijack, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 4. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: