Popups from vikingwebscanner.com website are malicious. Their purpose is to implant a new rogue program into your PC called fake AdwCleaner. It masks itself as legitimate AdwCleaner program and brutally copies its design. Please stay away from clicking on such vikingwebscanner.com pop-ups spreading fake AdwCleaner virus among various PCs these days. In this guide we will help you to remove these popup windows and related adware and malware from your computer.
Vikingwebscanner.com popups are very scary, having in mind to make users install this rogue software – fake AdwCleaner. They may appear in the majority of browsers today, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Most likely they’re caused by some nasty adware already inside of your computer. Obviously, you need a legitimate antimalware tool or even several of such tools to fix this issue.
Below please find the example of scary information presented by vikingwebscanner.com pop-up windows:
Never See these popups again!
Important: Adware Warning Notification!
These popups are not caused by the websites you are visiting! They are caused by a piece of adware that is installed on your pc.
Click here to download AdwCleaner!
This is an easy, free 30 second process. Your System will be scanned immediately, and a solution for these pops will be provided. Clean your PC Now!
What does this message mean?
When you see this message, it means that your PC has adware installed, its what pops these advertisements.
We advise you not to use your PC for anything that may transmit sensitive data, e.g. Logging in, using your credit card, do online banking or shopping.
Data that might be at risk: Facebook login details, online bank accounts, passwords, credit card data, Skype login, your pictures and videos, your browsing history.
It is quite obvious that the purpose of vikingwebscanner.com pop-up windows is to scare you tremendously with a lot of faulty information presented through them. You don’t need to download this fake AdwCleaner. Why do we say so? Well, because this is a fake anti-adware tool which will tell you to pay money for its absolutely useless services. Cyber frauds who stand behind this pop-up will tell you to transfer funds in their favor, promising you to fix your PC and clean it from all sorts of viruses and infections. By the way, the price for this junk application will be quite high – 60 USD. The crooks who stand behind this fake AdwCleaner will prompt you into upgrading this junk ware to the full version of it. Paying this money in their favor is a serious mistake.
Genuine AdwCleaner software doesn’t act like that. It offers free adware removal help, unlike this fake AdwCleaner promoted through vikingwebscanner.com pop-ups. Please stay away from these pop-ups and share this information with your friends, colleagues and relatives, lest they fall into this trap made by hackers.
We recommend that you disregard such pop-up windows originating from vikingwebscanner.com website, no matter how tricky they are. Instead, go ahead and scan your system with genuine AdwCleaner software, which you may download at the site called bleepingcomputer.com. You’re also welcome and recommended to scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware tool, which will help you to clean your browser and your entire system from all sorts of infections. If you require any additional help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for vikingwebscanner.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.