Websearch.searc-hall.info is a browser hijacker. This definition is used for a special program changing the home page of your browsers and causing redirections of your search queries through websearch.searc-hall.info domain. If you could find some useful information through it, then we would not dare to say anything negative regarding it. However, we’re absolutely confident that this site, which has hijacked your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browser, isn’t capable at all of furnishing you with any relevant information you’re looking for.
To remove websearch.searc-hall.info hijacker from all these browsers listed above isn’t really a difficult thing to accomplish. However, you need to understand where exactly you need to change the settings of all these browsers affected by it, and we will surely explain you how to do it. First, let us devote some time to reviewing the ways of intrusion of this hijacker into your system.
Websearch.searc-hall.info comes into PCs through being bundled with other free programs. You might think that it is a great thing to download and install some free software you’ve found, however, the truth is that websearch.searc-hall.info hijacker may be hidden into its installer. Obviously, you must carefully read the End User’s License Agreements of all such cost-free applications you might decide to install into your computer. In case you read about third-party programs suggested for you to be installed into the system, then you need to select the option of the advanced or custom installation, where you may deselect all such useless programs from being installed into your computer by default.
Users who don’t care reading the EULAs of free programs, they may often end up installing websearch.searc-hall.info and other useless applications into their systems. We don’t recommend you to keep this hijacker in your PC. To look for any information through it will surely not bring you any decent search results. Furthermore, you will see a lot of ads and sponsored links displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Clicking on such ads and links displayed by websearch.searc-hall.info may lead you to installing other absolutely useless programs into your computer. Please carefully follow the guide below which explains effective removal of this hijacker from your computer. If you need our additional help, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify websearch.searc-hall.info hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like websearch.searc-hall.info. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of websearch.searc-hall.info hijacker manually (for free):
Websearch.searc-hall.info step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling websearch.searc-hall.info hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with websearch.searc-hall.info hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall websearch.searc-hall.info trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on websearch.searc-hall.info with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall websearch.searc-hall.info. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on websearch.searc-hall.info with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after websearch.searc-hall.info virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: