Various pop-up ads powered by GetPrivate may suddenly attack your computer. You will definitely have the permanent desire to get rid of them. Yet, all your attempts directed at elimination of this pop-up show from your system would turn to be vain in many cases. When you check the list of installed programs you will most likely not find anything that would remind you about GetPrivate or anything similar to that.
Ads powered by GetPrivate are controlled by one of the programs fairly considered as potentially unwanted ones. Also, it is quite fair to classify such applications as adware, since their mission is to show a lot of those targeted advertisements through your browsers. By they way, such troubles occur irrespective of what browser you use by default. Even if you have several of them installed simultaneously, the chances are that all of them will spew out such ads on a permanent basis.
According to our own analysis, many of these ads have been noticed to run after installation of certain programs, such as DNS-Unlocker version 1.3 or DNS-Keeper version 1.3. So, obviously, you must check whether such applications are mentioned in the list of legally installed applications of your computer. In case you do find their presence, make sure to uninstall them right away, without loitering.
At the same time, we do believe that for utter system cleanup you must scan your computer with a proven antispyware program. The chances are that things are much worse with your PC then you think, and simple removal of those third-party programs from the list of installed applications might not be sufficient enough.
Scanning of your computer with the full registered version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a great chance to set your PC from all malicious applications in your computer, including those directly or indirectly related to Ads by GetPrivate. It is also necessary that you reset all your browsers with the help of this program automatically using its built-in too. Please follow the tutorial below explaining all these necessary steps.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Ads powered by GetPrivate automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads powered by GetPrivate.
Step 1. Uninstalling DNS-Unlocker, DNS-Keeper and other suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Ads powered by GetPrivate are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.