If you see rsearch.shopathome.com in the home page of your browser when opening it, this is the proof that your browser got hijacked. The name of this hijacker is ShopAtHome.com. It also speaks about itself as Shop At Home Search powered by Yahoo! Well, what is the point of this new lame search engine if Yahoo Search already exists? This is surely a good question, and so we will try to answer it in this article.
Rsearch.shopathome.com is distributed in the web these days through being bundled by default with a lot of other free programs. You might be a person who likes installing free programs into your PC. If so, then you’ve got to be very careful not to permit any other useless applications to be installed into your computer in addition to the main program of your choice.
The reason why ShopAtHome hijacker is developed and distributed is because it has in mind to earn money for those people who stand behind its distribution in the world wide web. In addition to the unwanted amendments made with the home page of your browser you may as well see a lot of intrusive ads displayed on it. Plus, when you look for the information through rsearch.shopathome.com and get some results, you might as well see a lot of sponsored links on the top of them.
Clicking on such ads and sponsored links by you brings money to those people who are somehow related to the development and distribution of this hijacker in the world wide web. On the other hand, it doesn’t represent any value for you when it comes to obtaining any relevant search results is concerned.
We recommend you to remove this nasty hijacker from your computer as soon as you identify its presence in your computer. You may follow this guide below, which explains how to do it effectively and completely. In case you require more help on our part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify ShopAtHome hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like ShopAtHome. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of ShopAtHome hijacker manually (for free):
ShopAtHome Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling ShopAtHome Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with ShopAtHome hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ShopAtHome trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on ShopAtHome with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ShopAtHome. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on ShopAtHome with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after ShopAtHome virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: