Safesearch3.ru stands for a nasty browser hijacker. Primarily it infects browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, even though other browsers are not an exception and can be infected as well.
Safesearch3.ru hijacker is referred to as ‘hijacker’ due to the amendments it performs with your browser. It changes the default home page and modifies the default search engine. Whenever you start your browser you will see safesearch3.ru in the home page instead of google.com or other decent start page of your choice. Plus, opening new search tabs in your browser automatically reveals safesearch3.ru site again and again.
Safesearch3.ru performs the function of adware by displaying the load of annoying advertisement banners in the home page of your browser. Plus, it may display a lot of irrelevant sponsored links along with pseudo search results to which you were redirected. Finally, the hijacker works as spyware by permanently collecting the information about your browsing habits. Later on this data may be transferred to third parties for various illegal purposes.
We strongly advise that you remove safesearch3.ru hijacker from your system as soon as possible by thoroughly scanning the computer with a proven virus removal application and by resetting your browsers with its help.
Anti-malware software necessary to delete safesearch3.ru automatically.
Detailed automatic removal milestones:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware using the download button (above).
- Install the software and scan your system with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete safesearch3.ru hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Note! GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a free scanner to identify malware traces in your computer. This means that its 15-day free trial version is only able to detect infections and remove 2 sole malicious items from your infected PC. If the computer is deeply contaminated with viruses, you need to purchase its full version to delete them.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with safesearch3.ru again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.