Searchdimension.com is a hijacker infecting computers poorly protected by security software. It attacks Google Chrome primarily. After intrusion home pages of these browsers are changed into searchdimension.com. When some search queries are made by users through it, they are redirected through some other third-party sites, but definitely not those initially selected by users as their default search engines.
Searchdimension.com hijacker quick facts.
Negative modifications caused by searchdimension.com hijacker.
Looking for relevant information through searchdimension.com will not produce decent search results. Instead, users may be permanently brought to various unsafe pages in the web engaged in distribution of other malware and adware samples. The hijacker also plays the role of spyware, since it collects the information about your browsing habits and transfers it to third parties. In a similar way, searchdimension.com is involved in performing the work of adware, since it displays intrusive advertisements and sponsored links in the home page of each hijacked browser, as well as next to those pseudo search results delivered by means of the hijacker.
Leaks through which searchdimension.com hijacker infiltrate into computers.
Searchdimension.com hijacker is generally bundled with other free software users download and install through various freeware download resources. Because of their failure to be attentive, searchdimension.com and other potentially unwanted software may penetrate into computers.
Attempts to get rid of searchdimension.com virus are often vain. Users change the home page back to google.com or some other decent start page, however, with each browser startup they seeaf searchdimension.com again. Opening each new search tab may also produce searchdimension.com instead of a blank tab. The hijacker is very well protected by other applications, which are equally malicious.
Ways to avoid installation of searchdimension.com virus.
Summarizing the above-said information, it is not easy to get rid of searchdimension.com without proper malware removal tool. As we said before, you may change the home page of your infected browser to some legitimate start page, but those many related hazardous programs will restore the settings of the hijacker back. To remove the infection and to clean your browser you must scan the computer with a proper malware removal tool.
So, how to get rid of searchdimension.com hijacker from your Windows or Mac browser?This removal guide may seem to be quite complicated to you based on the number of the milestones and various must-do measures that need to be implemented. We have specifically elaborated this guide in such a manner in order for it to furnish you with clear, step-by-step and simple to grasp guidelines that anyone can refer to to get rid of searchdimension.com hijacker effectively. Please implement all the milestones in the proper sequence. If you have any queries or doubt at any sorts, get in touch with us via built-in chat and we will help you additionally.
Searchdimension.com detailed removal steps.
Download software recommended for removal of searchdimension.com virus.
Instructions to remove searchdimension.com malware from Windows computers.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button below.
- Install the software and complete scanning of your PC with it:
- At the end of scanning click on “Remove Selected“, then on “Activate Now“:
- Purchase the program, afterwards check your e-mail to obtain your license code.
- In the respective field, enter your license key, then click on “Activate“:
- With registered version of the program, delete all the infections detected by it during the scanning process.
- Relaunch your PC now.
- Repeat scanning with Plumbytes Anti-Malware (if necessary).
Instructions to prevent your Windows PC from being contaminated with searchdimension.com virus and similar infections in the future:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you buy its full registered version now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
Detailed milestones to get rid of searchdimension.com hijacker from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the download button below (through other available browser).
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it. Wait until the program downloads and installs required updates (mandatory step):
- After the updates are successfully installed, click on “Start Combo Scan“:
- The application will detect all malicious components related to searchdimension.com and other infections. To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and to delete all detected items, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove“:
- Restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
Instructions to prevent your Mac from being contaminated with searchdimension.com hijacker and similar infections in the future:
Combo Cleaner is a great tool for your Mac to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other infections. We suggest that you download Combo Cleaner now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
STEP 2. Removing searchdimension.com hijacker from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“.
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove searchdimension.com hijacker from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Google Chrome.
STEP 3. Remove searchdimension.com hijacker from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove searchdimension.com from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Video tutorial to fix Mozilla Firefox:
STEP 4. Remove searchdimension.com from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to delete searchdimension.com from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Internet Explorer.
STEP 5. Remove searchdimension.com from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Video tutorial to fix Opera:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
- Stage 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Stage 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Stage 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Stage 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Stage 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Stage 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Stage 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.