Search.playsearchnow.com is a dangerous website which has the capabilities of injecting itself into the way your browser operates. For this reason it is fairly classified as a browser hijacker. It modifies your default home page. If you prefer to start your browser with google.com then once your browser gets hijacked you will face search.playsearchnow.com instead. Or, if you choose to launch browser with a blank page or simply to open new blank search tab, search.playsearchnow.com will be revealed. Truly, such amendments are not expected or desired by computer owners. This guide will assist you in utter elimination of this particular hijacker.
Search.playsearchnow.com hijacker quick facts.
Negative modifications caused by search.playsearchnow.com hijacker.
Search.playsearchnow.com hijacker performs its intrusion attempt quite simple – through bundling its malicious codes with installers of other free programs. This fact proves again and again that Internet is not a safe place. Users may decide to install some excellent free software and yet fail to notice that there are other additional totally useless applications integrated with freeware installer. Hence, you should always pay close attention when you deal with any free software these days.
Search.playsearchnow.com primarily infects Mac browsers like Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Surely, other browsers are vulnerable as well and can be contaminated too. The hijacker will then start imitating the traits of some decent search engine. However, it will not be able at all to furnish you with any adequate search results. Instead, it will load your screen with ads and sponsored links of doubtful reputation. If clicked, your browser may be brought to all sorts of other junk domain names and the PC may become infected even more dramatically.
Leaks through which search.playsearchnow.com hijacker infiltrates into computers.
Installer of search.playsearchnow.com hijacker is typically bundled with other free utilities that people download via the Internet. Sadly, certain free downloads do not fully reveal that other applications will additionally be installed and people might eventually find out that they have mistakenly permitted injection of the hijacker without their knowledge.
Ways to avoid installation of search.playsearchnow.com virus.
Intrusion of search.playsearchnow.com hijacker also means that your available anti-malware program (or your anti-virus software) failed to perform its job effectively. You need to reconsider your existing anti-malware application. We strongly advise that you choose Combo Cleaner as a tool to protect your Mac from further malware intrusion attempts and as an excellent solution to delete search.playsearchnow.com hijacker and to reset your browser.
Search.playsearchnow.com detailed removal steps.
Detailed milestones to get rid of search.playsearchnow.com hijacker from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the download button below (through other available browser).
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it. Wait until the program downloads and installs required updates (mandatory step):
- After the updates are successfully installed, click on “Start Combo Scan“:
- The application will detect all malicious components related to search.playsearchnow.com and other infections. To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and to delete all detected items, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove“:
- Restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
Instructions to prevent your Mac from being contaminated with search.playsearchnow.com hijacker and similar infections in the future:
Combo Cleaner is a great tool for your Mac to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other infections. We suggest that you download Combo Cleaner now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
STEP 2. Removing search.playsearchnow.com hijacker from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“.
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove search.playsearchnow.com hijacker from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Google Chrome.
STEP 3. Remove search.playsearchnow.com hijacker from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove search.playsearchnow.com from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Video tutorial to fix Mozilla Firefox:
STEP 4. Remove search.playsearchnow.com from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to delete search.playsearchnow.com from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Internet Explorer.
STEP 5. Remove search.playsearchnow.com from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Video tutorial to fix Opera:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
- Stage 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Stage 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Stage 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Stage 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Stage 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Stage 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Stage 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.