In this tutorial you may find relevant and helpful information that will guide you through the removal process of Search-protector.net hijacker. This is truly a potentially unwanted and even hazardous application not even worth your attention. You’d better undertake the measures to eliminate it straight away. However, when trying to remove Search-protector.net you may experience certain difficulties.
Search-protector.net hijacker quick facts.
Negative modifications caused by Search-protector.net hijacker.
Search-protector.net is furnished with a lot of supporting software used to prevent its removal by user. These programs definitely deserve immediate removal too, and if you do not do it first, you will not be able to fully delete Search-protector.net virus.
So, what does Search-protector.net do when it first invades your computer? First, you will notice that the home page of your browser got changed into Search-protector.net. No matter what browser you actually open you will see Search-protector.net on startup. By the way, all major browsers may be affected by it, such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Additionally, all your search queries will be redirected through some third-party sites related to the hijacker. You may notice a lot of advertisement banners and sponsored links that will accompany your search. The fact is that these ads and links are not safe either. They may easily redirect you to tons of dangerous places in the web, through which the system may be later on contaminated with further infections.
Additionally, your Mozilla Firefox browser (if you prefer to use it primarily) will also be infected by Search-protector.net, which will appear each time you attempt to open new tab.
So, in brief, Search-protector.net is also involved in the following unwanted activities:
- Enabling and displaying various advertisement banners and sponsored links by Search-protector.net in various sections of hijacked browser (home page and search results page);
- Regularly tracking your browsing habits, i.e. collecting your personal and sensitive information, query data and other information which is deemed to be strictly private and confidential (performing the function of spyware);
- Transferring illegally obtained information about you and your search preferences to third parties for various illegal purposes.
Leaks through which Search-protector.net hijacker infiltrate into computers.
Installer of Search-protector.net hijacker is typically bundled with other free utilities that people download via the Internet. Sadly, certain free downloads do not fully reveal that other applications will additionally be installed and people might eventually find out that they have mistakenly permitted injection of the hijacker without their knowledge.
Ways to avoid installation of Search-protector.net virus.
Tip #1. Paying attention to minor yet important facts while dealing with free programs.
You must always pay attention while installing free applications. In many cases a freeware installer offers optional installations. Read thoroughly the information provided by the installer and be fully aware of what you agree to install. Always choose the option of custom or advanced installation and uncheck the boxes associated to anything that is not necessary for you to be installed, especially extra programs that you never intended to download and install at all. It goes without mentioning that you must not install the applications that you don’t trust. Below please find the example of custom (advanced) installation method allowing you to prevent intrusion of unwanted software:
Tip #2. Reconsider your available anti-malware (anti-virus) software.
Some people today prefer not to have any anti-virus programs at all, which would be providing at least some sort of anti-malware protection and possibly prevent intrusion of unwanted utilities. Of course, in this case it is not surprising that Search-protector.net got injected. On the other hand, intrusion of this hijacker while your system is already furnished with certain anti-malware utility means that this anti-malware software failed to play its direct function of defending your system from computer viruses. It’s time to reconsider your choices in terms of the application into which you entrust the security of your Windows computer. We recommend you to switch to Plumbytes Anti-Malware for your ultimate protection. You’re strongly advised to purchase Plumbytes Anti-Malware and get your computer secured from continuous malware attacks. If you have Mac computer, we advise that you download Combo Cleaner Premium.
You are strongly advised by us to scan your computer with a genuine malware removal software called Plumbytes Anti-Malware. It is fully able to detect this infection and to get rid of it. Additionally, it will help you to reset browser settings altogether, and this is how you may completely get rid of Search-protector.net virus from your browser.
Search-protector.net detailed removal steps.
Download software recommended for removal of Search-protector.net virus.
Instructions to remove Search-protector.net malware from Windows computers.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button below.
- Install the software and complete scanning of your PC with it:
- At the end of scanning click on “Remove Selected“, then on “Activate Now“:
- Purchase the program, afterwards check your e-mail to obtain your license code.
- In the respective field, enter your license key, then click on “Activate“:
- With registered version of the program, delete all the infections detected by it during the scanning process.
- Relaunch your PC now.
- Repeat scanning with Plumbytes Anti-Malware (if necessary).
Instructions to prevent your Windows PC from being contaminated with Search-protector.net virus and similar infections in the future:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you buy its full registered version now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
Detailed milestones to get rid of Search-protector.net hijacker from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the download button below (through other available browser).
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it. Wait until the program downloads and installs required updates (mandatory step):
- After the updates are successfully installed, click on “Start Combo Scan“:
- The application will detect all malicious components related to Search-protector.net and other infections. To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and to delete all detected items, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove“:
- Restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
Instructions to prevent your Mac from being contaminated with Search-protector.net hijacker and similar infections in the future:
Combo Cleaner is a great tool for your Mac to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other infections. We suggest that you download Combo Cleaner now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
STEP 2. Removing Search-protector.net hijacker from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then select “Settings“.
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Search-protector.net hijacker from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Google Chrome.
STEP 3. Remove Search-protector.net hijacker from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Search-protector.net from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Video tutorial to fix Mozilla Firefox:
STEP 4. Remove Search-protector.net from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to delete Search-protector.net from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
Video tutorial to fix Internet Explorer.
STEP 5. Remove Search-protector.net from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Video tutorial to fix Opera:
STEP 6. (optional) Removing malware from Safari in Mac OS X.
- Stage 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Stage 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Stage 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Stage 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Stage 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Stage 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Stage 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.