SearchAssist.me stands for a new browser hijacker, i.e. a malicious program attacking browser and amending its default settings, or those search preferences which were selected personally by you. As a result, the home page of it will start with SearchAssist.me, or sometimes with SearchAssist.net. Opening every new tab may automatically open either of these two websites.
As you see, this browser hijacker offers you to look for the information though one of its related pages. In spite of the good name chosen by its creators, this browser hijacker doesn’t really assist users in finding the relevant information. Quite to the contrary, in fact.
When you look for the information through SearchAssist.me or SearchAssist.net, you will see a lot of related ads and sponsored links displayed together with the search results. What’s more dangerous is the fact that you may be redirected to other websites which will suggest you to install all sorts of other adware and potentially unwanted programs into your computer.
How to get rid of SearchAssist.me from your browser? The truth is that it is surely much better to prevent its intrusion, then to look for the ways of its removal once the attack has been already accomplished. This hijacker is very actively spread today along with many other free programs actively promoted online. It is your job to pay close attention to what exactly you are going to install in addition to the main software of your choice. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. Don’t allow any concealed or unwanted installations to take place on your PC without your knowledge or approval.
To remove SearchAssist.me from your browser effectively we recommend that you first disable any suspicious add-ons or extensions in your browser (which could be possibly related to it). Also, get rid of any other suspicious programs through the Control Panel of your PC. Finally, we recommend that you scan your system with a powerful anti-malware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer for complex adware and malware removal from your computer. Remove all infections it finds, and then finally reset your browsers with its help. All these important steps to delete SearchAssist.me are explained in all the details below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for SearchAssist.me automatic removal
Brief steps you need to make to remove SearchAssist.me:
- Uninstall any suspicious add-ons or extensions of your browser, which could be related to SearchAssist.me hijack.
- Remove Linkey from the list of installed programs (through the Control Panel of your computer.
- Scan your PC with a reliable anti-malware tool for complete cleanup of your PC from all files and registry entries related to SearchAssist.me hijack.
- Reset your browser as instructed below.
Similar removal video:
SearchAssist.me detailed removal instructions
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after SearchAssist.me removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.