SearchProtectService.exe is a malicious application which may be installed typically along with other software. This might be certain free program which is even quite useful, but the problem is that its installer would suggest users to make all sorts of other extra programs as the part of his/her computer. Problems begin from the point when user gives the consent for such installations to occur, or fails to notice that these installations are implemented by default.
The most typical location for SearchProtectService.exe process will be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SearchProtectService.exe directory. When you open this SysWOW64 folder you will discover the huge number of other files and programs it contains. According to our observations, this particular application SearchProtectService.exe may be added into PC after installing some sort of Flv Player.
Once installed, SearchProtectService.exe will cause a lot of troubles. For example, the home page of all your installed browsers may be brutally amended (hijacked) and thus changed to start with some other third-party website. You may encounter plenty of annoying advertisements to accompany your search. Ads may be located in the hijacked home page, or to be displayed along with irrelevant search results obtained by means of hijacked home page and its related pseudo search engine.
Finally, SearchProtectService.exe prevents you from fixing your computer and especially your browser. When you attempt to change the home page back to google.com (or any other decent page you prefer), this program will do its malicious job in restoring the hijacker back into browser settings.
Due to SearchProtectService.exe you may also experience the permanent issue of browser redirections to random sites through permanent pop-up windows coming up out of the blue. As a result, you may be brought to plenty of dangerous places in the web, which aim to infect your system with different junk programs.
We definitely urge you to do something with your computer in terms of proper fixing it. If you have discovered that SearchProtectService.exe is inside of it, immediately go to the guidelines below to remove malware and other infections from your computer with the help of a reliable virus removal program.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate SearchProtectService.exe automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of SearchProtectService.exe.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SearchProtectService.exe are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall malicious programs from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on any suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.