Searchult is a hijacker changing your browsing preferences without your permission. For example, you may notice the page searchult.com to be set in the homepage of your browser. Whenever you attempt to look for any information through the built-in search box you will notice that your search queries are redirected through search.searchult.com. Well, here comes the logical question – is Searchult really as helpful as it is advertised?
To look for the information through Searchult browser hijacker is just the waste of your time. You will not find any relevant information which would meet your search queries. Plus, you may notice very many annoying ads displayed in the homepage of your hijacked browser and together with those pseudo search results redirected through the hijacker. Various sponsored links leading to third-party sites will be advertised along with those pseudo search results redirected through search.searchult.com.
It is strongly not recommended for you to click on those advertisements and sponsored links you see in the website of Searchult. They may lead you to different sites which are of poor reputation. You may be told to download and install various junk programs into your computer, so obviously your system may become even more infected with all kinds of junk software.
Searchult hijacker is distributed in the Internet today on the basis of being bundled by default with many other free applications. When you install any free software please be extremely careful to pay attention to the installation details. You must not permit any third-party programs to become the part of your system. Please always select the option of a custom or advanced installation, instead of the standard one. This way of software installation will help you to uncheck all unwanted components from becoming the part of your computer.
In some cases users fail to be attentive and blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often permit various additional junk software to become the part of their computers by default. Again, Searchult is not the good program for your system, since it causes browser redirection to random sites which may contaminate the PC with other even more serious infections.
We recommend you to remove Searchult from your browser through scanning your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, removal of all detected infections and resetting your browsers with its help. Please feel free to get in touch with us at any time if you need further assistance on our part. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Searchult automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Searchult.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Searchult are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.