SerfSearch is a brand new browser hijacker bothering many active Internet surfers today. Whenever they turn their PC on and open their browsers in an attempt to start their search, they see SerfSearch instead of Google home page (or any other page they recently chosen to be set on startup). It is also clear that the search results from this hijacker will be redirected through serfsearch.com.
The problem with SerfSearch is that this hijacker simply cannot furnish you with any relevant information. Most often you will see a lot of ads shown in the homepage of your hijacked browser. In addition, those pseudo search results delivered through serfsearch.com will be mixed with different sponsored links leading users to various third-party web pages.
SerfSearch browser hijacker is actively bundled today with many free applications downloaded and installed by people from various freeware download resources. If you’re a person who spends a lot of time downloading and installing cost-free programs, make sure you know in advance what exactly you’re going to make the part of your PC in addition to the main application of your choice. It is also recommended that you select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to know about third-party program offers ahead of time and to uncheck these options from being implemented by the freeware installer.
At certain times users fail to be duly attentive. So, they click on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a consequence, they often install a lot of junk software into their systems. Then they will truly regret about their failure to be careful. However, it will be too late. SerfSearch hijacker will be installed. However, it is never late to get rid of it.
To remove SerfSearch from your computer in an effective way we recommend you to scan your system with a proven antispyware application called GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds in your system (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate SerfSearch automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of SerfSearch.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SerfSearch are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.