Shortcutboost.exe is an application related to YesSearches browser hijacker. It is located in a special folder called yessearchesbnd. This folder can be found under the following path – C:\Program Files (86)\yessearchesbnd. Purpose of shortcutboost.exe is to ensure functioning of YesSearches hijacker in all infected browsers and to prevent the hijackers from being deleted by users.
Shortcutboost.exe is just one of those programs in yessearchesbnd directory. There are other application there too, such as executer.exe, ffprefexec.exe, server.exe, task.exe, etc. All these applications and the entire folder yessearchesbnd are malicious, since they are designed specifically to support the activity of YesSearches hijacker.
You will not find any relevant information through YesSearches.com. You may understand what is the real purpose of this hijacker. It displays many intrusive advertisements in the home page of your hijacked browser, plus there will be many sponsored links when your browser redirects you through YesSearches.com. Both these ads and sponsored links must not be clicked by you. They may lead you to dangerous places in the Internet, through which your computer may become infected with a lot of other dangerous applications.
Shortcutboost.exe and YesSearches hijacker may be installed into PCs together with other software. Please be careful each time you deal with free programs. You must carefully read the information presented in their installers. If you find the data about some additional extras you do not want, skip the default option and switch to the advanced installation mode to uncheck these useless programs from becoming the part of your PC. To remove Shortcutboost.exe virus completely and effectively please follow the removal solution below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Shortcutboost.exe virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to Shortcutboost.exe:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete Shortcutboost.exe. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with Shortcutboost.exe again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.