Social2Search is a program fairly classified as adware, since it regularly displays intrusive advertisement banners through your browser and forces you to click on them. This is how its distributors get their profit. The more PCs are infected with Social2Search and the more advertisements by this program are clicked on, the more income they receive. However, this software does absolutely nothing good for users in terms of enriching their browsing experience. Quite to the contrary, in fact.
Social2Search will display a lot of advertisement banners and sponsored links along with search results delivered through your default search engine. These Ads by Social2Search will often be absolutely irrelevant to your search queries, and you may in fact be brought to many other dangerous places in the web as a result of clicking on such ads.
Social2Search adware additionally displays advertisement banners of different sizes. Typically they will be marked as brought by Social2Search, powered by Social2Search, or simply as Ads by Social2Search. The adware is known to essentially slow down the performance of your computer by causing high CPU usage. As a result, your system may become absolutely out of order and you will not be able to use it freely.
Social2Search program may be brought into PCs along with some other free programs downloaded and installed by users. It is definitely their responsibility to be always careful when dealing with some free applications. It is necessary to carefully read their EULAs (End User License Agreements) in order not to permit any concealed installations to take place.
In order to remove Social2Search Ads from your computer and all your infected browsers you’re strongly advised to scan your system with a proven anti-malware tool called GridinSoft Anti-Malware. It is able to detect and delete all malicious components of this adware and to get rid of other malicious programs from your PC, thus making it absolutely clean. You will need to remove the infections found by GridinSoft Anti-Malware and to reset your browsers with its help. Feel free to contact us if you require any additional help on our part.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Social2Search Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Social2Search Ads.
Step 1. Uninstalling Social2Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Social2Search adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Social2Search adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Social2Search program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.