Start.msn.iplay.com (also known as MSN Games – Web Search) stands for a new browser hijacker which attacks some PCs today. It is not yet as widely spread as some other browser hijackers, however, it may easily get into your computer if you fail to pay attention to what particular programs you install. This guide will help you to uninstall start.msn.iplay.com from your system.
The problem of browser hijacked by start.msn.iplay.com can occur with all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Even through other browsers might be affected as well. Even though start.msn.iplay.com is not a virus in the full meaning of this word, it is still considered as a potentially unwanted programs which should be immediately deleted.
Start.msn.iplay.com (a.k.a. MSN Games – Web Search), as we’ve said already, is typically spread together with many other free applications which users download. So, you definitely need to be careful when installing all sorts of free applications, games, etc. Don’t allow any other hidden installations to take place. This is why you always need to select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is where you will be able to deselect all unwanted installs from taking place on your PC.
Start.msn.iplay.com surely doesn’t render any relevant search results for your PC. Its presence in the home page of your browser is surely not a good sign for your system. Definitely, you should immediately take all the necessary measures to get rid of this hijacker from the home page of your browser, and remove it as the default search engine. To do it effectively please follow the removal instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for start.msn.iplay.com automatic removal
Similar removal video:
Start.msn.iplay.com detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling start.msn.iplay.com from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with start.msn.iplay.com hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Remove start.msn.iplay.com. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click start.msn.iplay.com with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall start.msn.iplay.com. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click start.msn.iplay.com with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing start.msn.iplay.com from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of start.msn.iplay.com program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this potentially unwanted program and its browser hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this malware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all malicious remnants related to start.msn.iplay.com.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this potentially unwanted program.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after start.msn.iplay.comm virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.