Startpageing123 is a stubborn browser hijacker which does not want to leave the home pages of all browsers it has attacked. The hijacker may infect Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer through modifying home page settings and adding certain additional parameters into Desktop shortcuts and quick launch items related to these browsers. Especially these shortcut modifications are what causes problems when trying to get rid of the hijacker. One might successfully change the home page back to google.com or other start page, however, startpageing123.com will keep popping up whenever the browser is launched or re-launched.
Startpageing123 hijacker – general information.
How does your browser function with Startpageing123 enabled?
Startpageing123 hijacker produces a very bad impact on performance of the system in general. The browser may be constantly spewing out the load of intrusive pop-up windows, full of advertisement banners placed in various parts of the screen, etc. Finally, availability of those many additional programs related to the hijacker will produce an extremely negative impact on performance of the computer, thus the system will be regularly facing high CPU usage and may eventually slow down enormously.
Channels through which Startpageing123 infiltrates into computers.
Startpageing123 redirect issue is generally explained by availability of many other potentially unwanted programs which could be installed on your system. These applications are bundled with other free utilities that you download via the Internet. Regretfully, certain free downloads do not fully reveal that other programs will additionally be installed and you might eventually notice that you have allowed penetration of adware without your consent.
Ways to prevent intrusion of Startpageing123 and related malware.
Tip #1. Paying attention to important details while dealing with free software.
You must always pay attention while installing free programs. In many cases a freeware installer suggests optional installations. Read carefully the information provided by the installer and be fully aware of what you agree to install. Always select the custom or advanced installation and uncheck the boxes related to anything that is not desirable for you to be installed, especially additional software that you never wanted to download and install at all. Needless to mention, you must not install the programs that you don’t trust. Below please find the example of custom (advanced) installation mode allowing you to avoid adware intrusion:
Tip #2. Reconsider your available anti-malware (anti-virus) software.
Some people today prefer not to have any anti-virus software at all, which would be providing at least some sort of anti-malware protection and possibly prevent intrusion of malware causing Startpageing123 redirections. Of course, in this case it is not surprising that Startpageing123 easily got implanted. On the other hand, intrusion of Startpageing123 while your system has certain anti-malware program enabled means that this anti-malware utility failed to perform its direct function of protecting your computer against computer infections. It’s time to reconsider your choices in terms of the software into which you entrust the safety of your Windows PC. We recommend you to choose Plumbytes Anti-Malware for your ultimate protection. You’re strongly advised to purchase Plumbytes Anti-Malware and get your computer secured from continuous malware attacks. If you have Mac computer, we advise that you download Combo Cleaner Premium.
Startpageing123 detailed removal instructions.
So, how to eliminate Startpageing123 from your Windows or Mac browser? This removal tutorial may seem to be quite complicated to you based on the number of the milestones and various utilities that are recommended. We have specifically elaborated this guide in such a manner in order for it to furnish you with clear, step-by-step and simple to grasp guidelines that anyone can refer to to get rid of Startpageing123 and related malware effectively. Please implement all the milestones in the proper sequence. If you have any queries or doubt at any sorts, get in touch with us via built-in chat and we will help you additionally.
Download software recommended for removal of Startpageing123 hijacker.
Instructions to remove Startpageing123 from Windows computers.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the “Download Now” button above.
- Install the software and complete scanning of your PC with it:
- At the end of scanning click on “Remove Selected“, then on “Activate Now“:
- Purchase the program, afterwards check your e-mail to obtain your license code.
- In the respective field, enter your license key, then click on “Activate“:
- With registered version of the program, delete all the infections detected by it during the scanning process.
- Relaunch your PC now.
- Repeat scanning with Plumbytes Anti-Malware (if necessary).
Instructions to prevent your Windows PC from being contaminated with StartPageing123 and similar infections in the future:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you buy its full registered version now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
Detailed milestones to get rid of Startpageing123 from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the download button below.
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it. Wait until the program downloads and installs required updates (mandatory step):
- After the updates are successfully installed, click on “Start Combo Scan“:
- The application will detect all malicious components related to StartPageing123 and other infections. To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and to delete all detected items, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove“:
- Restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
Instructions to prevent your Mac from being contaminated with Startpageing123 and similar infections in the future:
Combo Cleaner is a great tool for your Mac to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other infections. We suggest that you download Combo Cleaner now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
STEP 2. Deleting malware from Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then choose “Settings“.
- Choose “Extensions” in the left section of the window. Uncheck suspicious extensions, then click on the Trash icon related to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix your Google Chrome browser.
STEP 3. Removing malware from Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Mozilla Firefox.
STEP 4. Remove infections from Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Internet Explorer.
STEP 5. Remove malware from Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.