SupHPNot.exe process is related to a serious computer virus. It is more often referred to as browser hijacker, and it has several similar modifications. For example, SupHPNot.exe is the component of MyStartSearch, WebsSearches, Omiga Plus and some other browser hijackers of similar family. This file SupHPNot.exe is located in MiuiTab folder and is used to protect these hijackers from being deleted by users. This guide will help you to delete this infection from your computer.
SupHPNot.exe process has another alternative name, which is HPNotify.exe. You may see this process as active when you open the Task Manager of your computer. You may also see a lot of other strange things to occur with your browser. For example, you may notice that the home page of it has been modified and now starts with certain website related to one of those browser hijackers referred to above.
Free removal video to get rid of SupHPNot.exe and MiuiTab (related folder):
When you try to change the home page of your infected browser back to google.com, or to any other legitimate site you prefer, SupHPNot.exe virus will do its malicious job in restoring the browser hijacker back in your browser. So, when you open it next time, the web page related to browser hijacker will be “resurrected”.
If you would like to completely fix this problem and remove browser hijackers from your computer you definitely need to delete SupHPNot.exe malware first of all. This can be done both manually and automatically by following the removal instructions provided by us below. If you don’t how to get rid of it manually, then please feel free to follow our automatic removal guidelines provided below.
The last but not the least, please be very careful when you install any free applications today. The majority of browser hijackers, adware and other junkware programs are actively bundled today with all sorts of other useless applications. You need to pay close attention to the instructions of the setup wizards of these free programs in order not to allow any hidden and unwanted installations to take place on your computer. If you need any further assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Instructions to delete SupHPNot.exe and remove related browser hijackers manually (for free):
- Shut down all your open affected browsers.
- Right-click on Task Bar with the PC mouse and click on Task Manager.
- Find the active (running) processes like HPNotify.exe, IePlugin Service, Loader32.exe, Loader64.exe and all running processes of your browsers (if active). Right-click on them and select “End task“.
- Go to the Program Files folder on your system drive.
- Find “MiuiTab” folder there, delete it.
- Remove MiuiTab folder from the Recycle Bin.
- Repair the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by such browser hijackers:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“.
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to browser hijackers. If you see such a “tail”, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by browser hijacker, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
- Perform additional removal manipulations for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful):
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
These browser hijackers also set up their attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by them. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to browser hijackers in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Video that explains free SupHPNot.exe and other malware removal (manual method):
SupHPNot.exe trojan automatic removal guide:
Anti-malware tool necessary for SupHPNot.exe virus and related malware automatic removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Introductory steps (recommended). Uninstalling programs related to any hijackers from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list above).
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SupHPNot.exe are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to SupHPNot.exe trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“. Note that these can be the programs like WindowsMangerProtect184.108.40.2062, wpm_v220.127.116.112.exe, SupTab, or similar junkware.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Mandatory steps for automatic removal. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after SupHPNot.exe trojan removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.