You might occasionally or frequently see some strange Text-Enhance ads popping up in your browser. When this take place, this means that your browser has been infected by the adware program, which acts very annoying. In this guide we will help you to understand what to do with such Text-Enhance ads and how to get rid of them from your system.
Text-Enhance adware is actively spread today along with many other free programs. When you see some attractive programs which are offered for you to be installed for free, you should be careful. Make sure you read what exactly you are going to install in addition to the main software of your choice. Don’t allow any hidden installations to take place on your computer without your knowledge or approval.
So, how are these Text-Enhance ads actually displayed? Well, very simple. They pop up when you visit any commercial site, such as Walmart, Amazon, Bestbuy, etc. Even if you go to any casual site – these Text-Enhance may still pop up. This adware is able to convert regular text (words) into hyper-links, so when moving the PC mouse towards them these Text-Enhance ads will pop up. Generally, the message will say “Click to Continue > by Text-Enhance”. All such ads by Text-Enhance will be surely very annoying. You need to understand that because of this adware on your PC your system now functions very slow, especially when it comes to the speed of your browser affected by Text-Enhance adware.
Our recommendation is that you get rid of Text-Enhance adware as soon as you can from your system. In order to disable these Text-Enhance ads you first should look for any suspicious add-ons or extensions in your browser, possibly related to this particular adware. If you see them, then please disable and remove them completely. It is also a good decision to remove the suspicious adware program in a regular manner (through uninstalling it via the Control Panel). Even though, in our opinion, this might not be enough. What you should do is scan your PC with a reliable anti-malware tool for complex malware and adware removal from your system. This can be done by scanning your PC with our recommended anti-malware tool. Please follow the instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Text-Enhance adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Text-Enhance adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.