Tide Search Ads currently pop up in PCs located in many countries of the world. Primarily the infection is directed at attacking the USA, the UK and possibly some other countries. Users who surf the web in an attempt to find the information they’re interested in will be regularly bombarded by the bunch of Ads by Tide Search, also marked as brought by Tide Search or powered by Tide Search.
Tide Search adware belongs to the family of BrowseFox infection. Currently this program is bundled with many other cost-free utilities, so users definitely need to make sure that they do not permit any concealed installations to take place. It is mandatory that they always choose the option of a custom (advanced) installation where they may uncheck all such third-party applications from penetrating into their computers. Otherwise they may end up installing many junk programs and be quite surprised to see how slow their computer operates.
Likewise, you could have avoided intrusion of Tide Search adware if you paid more attention to what you’ve been installing recently. It is important to realize that Tide Search adware does not represent any value for you and your browsing. The longer you keep this program running, the slower your system will work.
Bad things you may expect of Tide Search adware enabled:
- Reading and changing all your data on the websites you visit
- Communicating with cooperating websites
- Changing your home page to: nt.tidesearch.net
- Changing your search settings to: search.tidesearch.net
- Changing your start page to: nt.tidesearch.net
- Detecting your physical location
In addition to many excessive Ads by Tide Search you will notice plenty of pop-up windows redirecting you to many unsafe places in the web. As a result of such redirections your browser may become full of many other junk and useless utilities. Taking this fact into consideration, we seriously urge you to be very careful and to remove Tide Search adware from your computer by carefully following the removal tutorial below. You will need to scan your PC with GridinSoft Anti-Malware, remove the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help. All these steps are explained very well in the rest of the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Tide Search Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Tide Search Ads.
Step 1. Uninstalling Tide Search adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Tide Search adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Tide Search adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Tide Search program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.