U.win-update.com is a domain engaged in distribution of many annoying and intrusive pop-up windows through your browser. These pop-ups are mainly spread via Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and even Opera browsers. They are dangerous because clicking on them and proceeding with their misleading instructions may cause you to install a lot of other junkware into your computer.
It is true that in the majority of the cases the contents of such u.win-update.com pop-ups are very misleading. Here is the example of what such pop-up windows might mention in your browser:
Please Update Player
You are currently using Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox and your player might be outdated
Your player is ready to download. Click ok to download
So, what does this “Player” stand for and why do you need to update it? Well, you may notice that this pop-up doesn’t even tell you confidently that this “Player” is outdated. It says that it “might” be outdated, which means that the odds are that it is quite up-to-date. Yet, the pop-ups has in mind to trick you into downloading some sort of “Player”.
The trick is that once you actually click on the “Download” button in such pop-up you may automatically be suggested to install a lot of other totally useless extras, which you obviously do not need.
Furthermore, through such u.win-update.com pop-ups you may as well install a lot of malicious and hazardous applications, such as adware, browser hijackers and other dangerous software. As a result, you may start facing a lot of other annoying pop-ups, ads, deals, offers and other forms of intrusive online advertisement. To sum up, we don’t recommend you to click on such pop-ups, no matter how pushy they are. The truth is that they’re already powered by some nasty adware in your computer. To fix this issue you need to uninstall this adware by following the removal instructions provided by us below. If you need more help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for u.win-update.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.