Ads by Media Viewer that pop up on your PC is a new adware program, currently attacking many computers today. This adware is indeed present in the list of installed programs of the Control Panel of your PC. Also, you may even find it in the list of the extensions or add-ons of your browser. However, even after trying to uninstall this adware regularly you still might see these Ads by Media Viewer to pop up in your browser. Following these instructions will help you to remove Ads by Media Viewer from your system effectively and completely.
Ads by Media Viewer are most commonly brought into PCs as a result of user installing some other applications, mainly those distributed online for free. So, if you actively deal with cost-free applications downloaded by you from some online resources, make sure that you don’t allow any hidden or drive-by installations of other extra programs to take place. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one.
When we deal with free programs downloaded online we surely don’t like to read those boring EULAs (End User License Agreements). So, we often just check “I accept” box and immediately install the software. However, doing so often brings us to the poing of encountering all sorts of potentially unwanted programs installed and actively running on our PCs. Ads by Media Viewer is just one of such PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
The presense of Ads by Media Viewer really slows down the performance of your computer and of your browser in particular. Browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the most vulnerable ones to the annoying activity of this adware. To avoid your PC from being attacked by this or similar adwares you simply need to be careful when installing any free programs downloaded online. Don’t allow any additional extra installations to be accomplished without your approval.
In order to uninstall Ads by Media Viewer from your compute we recommend you to pay attention to this removal guide provided below. There are two major removal solutions provided here – automatic and manual ones. If you have any problems deleting this adware from your PC please let us know right away.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Ads by Media Viewer adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Ads by Media Viewer adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Ads by Media Viewer from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Ads by Media Viewer adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Ads by Media Viewer adware program. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Ads by Media Viewer adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Ads by Media Viewer adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click Ads by Media Viewer with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Ads by Media Viewer from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Ads by Media Viewer adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.