Ads by Media Watch is truly an unwanted application which attacks many computers as per now. It is classified as adware by many security blogs. These Ads by Media Watch pop up everywhere, and thus they distract your attention from things which are really important, to those advertisement banners which are of no value at all. Following this tutorial will help you to get rid of this potentially unwanted application from your system automatically.
Ads by Media Watch generally get into computers as a result of user installing some other free applications, initially downloaded from freeware download resources. You must therefore always pay the very close attention to what else you’re installing in addition to the initial software of your choice. Don’t allow any hidden installations to take place on your PC without your knowledge or approval. This is why you must always choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is how you will be able to avoid all unpleasant surprises related to unwanted installs being successfully accomplished because of your failure to be attentive. Thus, always carefully read these boring EULAs (End User License Agreements). This is where you will be able to find all hidden details of the installation of the program you’ve decided to bring into your system.
If you have Ads by Media Watch on your PC, then you will see its ads, banners and pop-ups everywhere, as soon as you visit any site. In particular, these ads will be even more active when visiting commercial sites, such as Walmart, Amazon, Bestbuy, etc. These are other possible side effects of Ads by Media Watch adware presence on your system:
- www-contestwinners.com persistent pop-ups (surveys)
- Media Watch 1.1. potentially unwanted application in the Control Panel of your system
- Age of Wulin MMORPG pop-ups
- En.wulin.gpotato.eu pop-ups
- Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up windows
- Possible search engine redirection problems
To sum up, these Ads by Media Watch are very annoying and dangerous to keep on your system. We recommend you to follow this tutorial that will help you to get rid of this nasty adware from your system both manually and automatically. Sure, if you have any problems related to removal of this adware, please let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Ads by Media Watch adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Ads by Media Watch adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Ads by Media Watch adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Media Watch adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Media Watch adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.