BrowserAir is yet one more browser built on Chromium open source project. Even though we cannot classify it as malware, it is not a good application either. First of all, it has been designed specifically to allow other adware programs interact freely in your computer. Many decent browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are constantly updated by its developers in order to prevent various adware applications from displaying their malicious content. As for BrowserAir, it fully allows adware to perform its annoying show in it.
The main process related to this program is called browserair.exe, which can be found through the Task Manager. When you surf the web through BrowserAir, you will notice tons of intrusive advertisements and pop-ups caused by other adware specimens in your PC. These pop-ups in their turn may bring you to various dangerous places in the Internet, through which your computer may be even more deeply infected with viruses or at least with potentially unwanted software.
Additionally, BrowserAir may replace all other browsers available in your computer with itself. When you attempt to open Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as an example, you will instead see BrowserAir with its www-searching.com in the home page. All your search queries made through this domain will be accordingly redirected through thesmartsearch.net.
There are many other negative side effects related to presence of BrowserAir in your computer. It is necessary to mention that this application is often installed together with some other free programs. Your responsibility is simply to be careful and read all the supporting documentation related to all free software you intend to make the part of your computer. If you see BrowserAir suggested additionally, switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you will manage to uncheck BrowserAir from becoming the integral component of your computer.
Some users simply ignore these important details by just clicking on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, thus permitting various unwanted stuff to penetrate into PCs. You may notice that because of BrowserAir the computer will function extremey slow and may even freeze from time to time. We suggest that you remove it as explained in the rest of the guide below, i.e. automatically using GridinSoft Anti-Malware. This malware removal tool will help you to locate browserair.exe main program and all other components related to it.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate BrowserAir automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of BrowserAir.
Step 1. Uninstalling BrowserAir from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with ADWARENAME are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall ADWARENAME adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on ADWARENAME program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.