In this tutorial we will help you to understand the fundamentals of xeesearch.com removal from your browser. Xee Search is a browser hijacker which modifies the settings of your browser after its executable is launched. As a result, the home page of your browser will start with xeesearch.com. You will also encounter Xee Search in each new search tab you open in the browser, and the chances are that you will also experience the issue of search engine redirection through this domain name. Following this guide will help you fix this issue with your browser and remove Xee Search malware from it.
Xee Search is the malware that is generally spread together with many other free applications which users often download and install from various online freeware download resources. The problem is that many of such free utilities are by default bundled with all sorts of annoying extras. Xee Search is one of them.
To look for anything through xeesearch.com isn’t a good practice. The homepage hijacked by this malware is generally full of annoying ads, and you really are in the danger of clicking them. Doing so may redirect you to a lot of unsafe websites, which are either hacked, or compromised, of full of other annoying adwares and potentially unwanted programs, which could invade your PC just as Russia brutally invaded Ukraine. To remove Xee Search from your browser please follow the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Xee Search hijack automatic removal
Similar removal video that explains removal of Webs Searches hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Xee Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Xee Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 2. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu objects of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to xeesearch.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.