Video Dimmer ads popping up in your browser is not the reason to panic. On the other hand, you definitely need to do something to get rid of them. This guide is dedicated to help you in this matter, and if you follow it carefully you will definitely manage to remove these ads successfully.
Video Dimmer is the adware, and its only purpose is to display a lot of intrusive ads in your browser and to make you click on them. For this reason such ads are often very pushy and absolutely annoying. But the worst part of their description is the fact that these ads are very dangerous. Very often the information displayed through them is very misleading. You may be told about various PC errors and about the need to fix them. In reality, by clicking on such ads you may be redirected to many third-party websites where you will be told to download and install a lot of other absolutely useless programs into your computer.
The adware called Video Dimmer is mainly distributed in the web today through being bundled with a lot of other free applications. Users who are active in downloading and installing free programs need to pay close attention to what else they’re going to bring into their PCs in addition to the main applications of their choice. Reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) is a good way to avoid installation of Video Dimmer and other similar adware by default.
Your browser will act weird as a result of Video Dimmer in it. You will see many strange and unusual advertisement banners to come up while you surf the web, or you might se certain unexpected pop-up windows to occur. Very often such ads and pop-up may display some video content, which is absolutely irrelevant to what you’ve been looking for online.
The purpose of such Video Dimmer ads is to bring to a lot of third-party websites and sponsored links, and to make you click on them eventually. When you do it – this is the moment when the owners of this adware get paid. Yet, you will not get any single benefit from such ads. Furthermore, as we’ve already said above, such ads may finally cause you to install a lot of other totally useless and even dangerous programs into your computer.
In order to remove Ads by Video Dimmer we recommend you to scan your system with a reliable antimalware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which will help you to detect all files, folders and registry entries related to this adware, and to remove them all for good (with its full registered version). The final important action for you will be to reset your browser with Trojan Killer. This procedure is very well explained in the guide below, and if you need our further help, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary for Video Dimmer adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Video Dimmer adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Video Dimmer adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Video Dimmer program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.