Sometimes while surfing the Internet users might see a lot of Webspeed advertisements to pop up in their browsers. Most likely such problem take place in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. You will notice a special rectangular banner in the right bottom part of your screen, displaying Ads and Deals brought by Webspeed. This tutorial is dedicated to help you remove this adware from your computer in an effective way.
Webspeed adware is by default bundled with many other free applications. Users might decide to install some excellent and free software, but the problem is that its installer may offer a lot of other unwanted extras to become the part of their PCS by default. For this purpose it is very important to always switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the place where users may easily uncheck all third-party software from being brought into the computer by default.
It is quite sad to mention that there are many users today who actually don’t pay much attention to what exactly they install into their computers in addition to the main software of their choice. So, they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they install junk programs like Webspeed into their computers. The purpose of this particular adware is to display a lot of targeted ads and to make users click on them. Most likely Webspeed Ads and Deals appear when users visit various e-commerce websites, such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, etc. It is true that in some cases these ads are even relevant to what you’re looking for. The adware possesses with a mechanism to track your browsing experience. However, this is done not with the purpose to help you find what you need. The adware simply hunts for your clicks. The more clicks you make on its ads and deals, the more profit is earned by those people who stand behind this adware.
You will not be able to find better prices through Webspeed Ads and Deals you see in your browser. By clicking on these advertisements or buying any items through them you’re actually bringing profit to those people who stand behind massive distribution of this adware in the Internet. Because of this program in your PC the entire system functions extremely slow. This is because the adware consumes a lot of system resources and causes high CPU usage. We therefore recommend you to uninstall this disgusting program from your system as soon as you identify its presence in your system. The best way to do it automatically using the reliable antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to scan your system with it and remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version). Finally, you must reset your browsers with its help as explained below. If you have any other questions related to removal of adware or malware from your system, feel free to get in touch with us without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Webspeed automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Webspeed.
Step 1. Uninstalling Webspeed from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Webspeed are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Webspeed adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Webspeed program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.