Don’t ever install WebZoom program into your computer. You will truly regret for making it a part of your PC. This malicious software goes often bundled with other free applications you might decide to install into your computer. Please be careful to notice when it is suggested for you to be installed in addition to the initial software of your choice.
How can you actually see the malicious behavior of WebZoom adware in your browser? First of all, you will see a lot of annoying ads to pop up in it. There can be certain advertisement banners placed in various parts of your screen. No matter what website you go to – these ads will be placed in such manner that you will think they’re a part of the website you visit. As we’ve said, these ads will not be titled as “Ads by WebZoom”. However, they’re definitely powered by this adware. You may as well notice that some words of the website you visit have been highlighted with green color and turned into hyperlinks. So, when you move the PC mouse close to these words, there will be sudden pop-ups. Again, these pop-ups are caused by the presence of WebZoom adware in your computer.
WebZoom adware will also display a lot of ads brought by Zoomify each time you visit various commercial websites, such as Amazon, Ebay, etc. These ads will be displayed in the form of various advertisement banners, showing you ads titled as “Brought by Zoomify”. Finally, you may also experience the problem of persistent pop-up windows coming out all of a sudden. These pop-ups have in mind to lead you to certain websites where you will be told to install a lot of other totally useless applications into your computer.
The presence of this particular adware is proved by availability of WebZoom in the list of legally installed software of your computer. If you access the Control Panel of your computer and check the list of available programs, WebZoom will be there. Also, this adware will add its special add-on (extension) into infected browser. You may notice WebZoom 2.0.3 add-on in Mozilla Firefox and in other browsers as well.
Finally, when opening the Task Manager of your computer you will most likely notice the following active processes:
coz32host.exe (32 bit)
cozaghost.exe (32 bit)
cozahost.exe (32 bit)
cozwdhost.exe (32 bit)
All these processes listed above are related to WebZoom adware. Definitely, you need to remove it from your system, otherwise you’re placing your PC under a serious risk of being infected with all sorts of other totally useless applications. Many of them will be considered as serious viruses, so please be extremely careful with these ads and pop-ups brought by WebZoom adware. Please follow this tutorial which explains how to remove this adware effectively from your computer. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary for WebZoom adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WebZoom adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on WebZoom program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WebZoom program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.