Some active Internet surfers today suddenly have seen a lot of Ads by FlashMall in their browsers. Based on our analysis, these ads appear primarily when you visit various e-commerce websites, however, even when going to some regular pages such ads may pop up as well. Of course, they can’t just appear by themselves. There must be something causing their occurrence in your computer. They’re all powered by nasty adware called FlashMall, which some way or another penetrated into your computer.
FlashMall advertisements are multiple and thus quite annoying. They intend to make users click on them. This is why they’re so pushy and intrusive. The more clicks you make on such ads, the more income will be generated in favor of those people who stand behind this adware. Yet, FlashMall hasn’t been designed to help you find what you need online. Sometimes these ads are even relevant to your search queries, but the main purpose of this adware is to make its distributors richer.
FlashMall adware program is actively distributed in the Internet today on the basis of being bundled by default with many other free applications. You obviously need to be very careful whenever you decide to download and install something that is for free. There are many download sites which are quite reputable today. Yet, even such sites like CNET, Download.com, Soft32.com, etc. may infect your computer with potentially unwanted programs.
Whenever you deal with some free application downloaded from online freeware download websites, make sure you always pay close attention to the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of this program. If you read about some additional applications you don’t really need, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode, i.e. the place where you may uncheck all third-party programs from becoming the part of your system by default.
Sometimes users fail to pay attention to such important details. This is when they start having problems after installing various unwanted extras into their PCs. FlashMall adware will not do any single good thing for you. It makes your system to function extremely slow due to consumption of the large portion of system resources and causing high CPU usage. To sum up, we recommend you to get rid of this program by carefully following the uninstall instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate FlashMall automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of FlashMall.
Step 1. Uninstalling FlashMall from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with FlashMall are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall FlashMall adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on FlashMall program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.