WikiBrowser stands for a potentially unwanted application, also abbreviated as PUP (according to the classification of some online security resources). Generally, it isn’t a malware, but it isn’t a good program either. Nowadays it may infect many PCs in the world wide web where Internet is accessible. This tutorial is devoted to assist you in elimination of WikiBrowser from your PC.
The presence of WikiBrowser in your system may be additionally traced by going to the Task Manager program of your computer. If you check the list of all running processes and see wikibrowser.exe running this proves that WikiBrowser is in your system. In fact, there may be several of such wikibrowser.exe processes running simultaneously.
WikiBrowser is integrated with many other free programs you might decide to bring into your PC. At this point you have to be very careful whenever you deal with them. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. So, when you see any bundled software suggested for you to be installed by default, please switch to the advanced or custom installation option. This is the place where you may undo all extra third-party applications from becoming the part of your system by default.
WikiBrowser is actually installed into systems after people fail to be duly careful. Then then may see that this software will replace all other browsers with itself. When you try to open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera or Mozilla Firefox they will face WikiBrowser instead.
In addition, you may see a lot of distracting Ads by WikiBrowser to come up in various parts of your screen. They will distract your attention essentially and will not permit you to use your PC regularly. We obviously recommend you to scan your PC with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the reliable antispyware program. You will need to get rid of all the threats it locates (with its full registered copy) and to reset your browsers with its assistance. In case you require more aid on our part, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate WikiBrowser automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of WikiBrowser.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with WikiBrowser are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.