Windows Active Hotspot is a fake antispyware application. It simply was not designed to assist users in rendering decent security services. To the contrary, this program has in mind to trick users into believing their PC is in a horrible condition and is overwhelmed with all sorts of malwares. However, the truth is that this program was developed by cyber crooks specifically in order to rip users off. The hoax eventually asks users to buy its license, which in reality isn’t able to remove real security threats or eliminate essential security vulnerabilities.
Windows Active Hotspot doesn’t use legal ways of entering systems. It generally applies various Trojan horses for this purpose that bypass existing security restrictions established by already installed security applications. In some cases users prefer not to have any security program at all, and this is surely a serious mistake on their part. Still, Windows Active Hotspot is not a good choice when it comes to security software selection. This is a rogue antivirus that must be immediately removed by you. For this goal we strongly recommend that you follow the detailed removal guidelines below. This will explain to you how to get rid of Windows Active Hotspot malware with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Windows Active Hotspot remover:
Similar removal video instructions:
- Wait until Windows Active Hotspot completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Active Hotspot rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Command Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Active Hotspot process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
Fake security alerts of Windows Active Hotspot:
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
is suspected to have infected your PC.
This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them
to a remote server.
Trojan activity detected. System data security is at risk.
It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected.
Full system scan is highly recommended.
System data security is at risk!
To prevent potential PC errors, run a full system scan.
Warning! Identity theft attempt detected
Hidden connection IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Target: Microsoft Corporation keys
Your IP: 127.0.0.1
Recommended: Please use secure encrypted protocol for torrent links.
Torrent link detected!
Receiving this notification means that you have violated:
– the copyright laws. Using Torrent for downloading movies and licensed software shall be prosecuted and you may be sued for cybercrime and break of law under the SOPA legislation.