If you use Windows XP operating system and want to update it officially, there is no chance to do it. Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows XP version. Right not you need to use Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 8 versions legally if you want legal updates for them. There is a danger today related to fake Windows XP updates coming from download161bucket.com website. These fake Windows XP updates are offered by this misleading and even dangerous websites through pop-up windows originating through it.
This is the example of what such pop-up windows mention when they appear in your computer:
You are currently using – Windows XP – which is now outdated
Please install the latest updates to enhance your computer’s security and performance.
Warning! Please Install Update to Continue
By the way, if you have seen such pop-ups from download161bucket.com website to come up in your browser regularly, this most probably means that your system has already been infected by some adware program, which is now inside of your browser. This may be the problem for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer mainly, which are the most vulnerable ones to the risk of being affected by all sorts of adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs. On the other hand, you could see such download161bucket.com pop-ups simply as a result of you clicking on some malicious links over the Internet, or as a result of clicking on such links in spam emails, or while staying logged into your account on Facebook, Twitter or other social networks.
The truth about these download161bucket.com fake Windows XP updates it they don’t care about updating Windows operating system legally. They have the only thing in mind – to implant a lot of other adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and even malware into your computer. We recommend you to be very careful when you see such download161bucket.com pop-up windows in your browser. There is a serious danger in clicking on such pop-ups and in proceeding with their misleading offers. So, do not ever click on them!
The truth is that such download161bucket.com pop-ups to update Windows could even come up in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Even if you use Windows 8.1 operating system, which is the most updated one, you might still see such download161bucket.com pop-ups telling you about the need to update it supposedly. And this is a totally fake update, of course. You need to ignore such download161bucket.com pop-ups and, instead, scan your system with a powerful anti-malware software for absolute and complete adware and malware removal from your system. Please feel free to get in touch with us at any time of your preference if you require any additional assistance on our part.
Anti-malware tool necessary for download161bucket.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.