WMiniPro.exe is a malicious process actively involved in the operation of many nasty browser hijackers currently infecting a lot of browsers. The program has a special intention in mind – to protect these browser hijackers from being removed by users. For examples, hijackers like Oursurfing, Ominboxes, Tohotweb, etc. actively use the services of WMiniPro.exe for self-protection. If you have discovered any of these or other similar hijackers to be the part of your PC, then most likely WMiniPro.exe or other similar protection software is also available in your computer.
WMiniPro.exe process can be easily traced though the Task Manger program. You will discover DTools.exe when opening the Task Manager, and when you right-click on it you will notice the option to open the containing folder. Once opened, you will be brought to the folder where WMiniPro.exe is stored. This folder, by the way, may have several random names.
WMiniPro.exe protects browser hijackers in a manner that you will not be able to easily change the home page of your browsers back to google.com or any other decent pages to start your search with. Even if you manually change it to google.com, WMiniPro.exe will do its role in restoring those settings added by one of the hijackers.
It is quite clear that WMiniPro.exe is fairly considered as a potentially unwanted program. There might be other dangerous applications running in your computer at the same time. To get rid of them altogether you are strongly advised to scan your system with a proven malware removal tool, such as GridinSoft Anti-Malware. Finally, it will be mandatory to reset your browsers with its help. All these important milestones are set forth in the remainder of this guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate WMiniPro.exe virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this and other malware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete WMiniPro.exe and other threats. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with WMiniPro.exe malware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.