WordShark is a new adware currently striking all major browsers. You may notice this application in your computer and will surely wonder how it could become the part of your PC. This is surely a good question worth answering. There are many free programs bundled with WordShark adware by default. Sometimes people who install such free applications don’t notice that they’re by default integrated with unwanted extras. This automatically installs the adware and a lot of other absolutely useless programs.
WordShark will be mentioned in the list of legally installed software of your computer under the name “WordShark 220.127.116.11”. Keep in mind that this application is installed in a legal manner, so you actually can’t blame anybody else but yourself for making it the part of your PC. However, most likely you will not find any spiced add-ons (extensions) in your browser, yet there will be plenty of such ads to pop up everywhere in your screen.
WordShark Ads have so far the only intention – to make you click on them. This is why they’re often very intrusive. They present a lot of tricky alerts before you to convince you to make such clicks. Sometimes you may also notice sudden pop-up windows to appear, even without opening any browser.
There’s a danger is all such WordShark ads and redirecting pop-up windows caused by this adware. You need to understand that through such advertisements you may be redirected to various third-party websites where you may be forced to install various junk applications into your PC.
So, be extremely careful if you see WordShark in your computer. Of course, the best decision is to uninstall this program from your computer immediately, before it is stuck deep in your system. We recommend you to choose our proven antispyware program called GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is powerful enough to detect and remove all malicious files and registry entries from your system. Remember that you will also need to reset your browser with its help. In case you need more assistance on our part, please contact us without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate WordShark automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of WordShark.
Step 1. Uninstalling WordShark from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with WordShark are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WordShark adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on WordShark program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.