WSE_Binkiland is a malicious program related to Binkiland Search browser hijacker. As a result of its installation into your computer you will notice several unusual and truly unwanted amendments with your browser. For example, the home page of it will be changed into binkiland.com. Opening every new search tab may as well open this website, or some other add-on related to such hijacker. In this guide we will help you to fix this serious problem with your browser and to delete WSE_Binkiland effectively from your computer.
Just as all other potentially unwanted applications, WSE_Binkiland is spread in the world wide web today through being bundled with many other free programs. Obviously, if you’re a person who is active in downloading and installing freeware into your PC, you need to make sure you don’t allow any hidden extra programs to be installed into your computer by default. Hence, please always carefully read what other free software you’re going to make the part of your computer. This is why it is of utmost importance for you to carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free applications you’re going to install into your system. If you read about Binkiland Search offered to be installed, then go ahead and select the option of a custom or advanced installation, where you may uncheck this default installation option.
Some users aren’t careful when they install freeware into their PCs. As a result, they often just click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without paying attention to all such important details as noted by us above. This is what causes them to install a lot of totally useless programs into their computer. We obviously can’t even consider Binkiland Search as some search engine. What it does is simply stealing the search results from other search engines and presenting them as its own ones.
The aim of Binkiland Search hijacker is to collect the information about your search preferences and then to use this data for other malicious purposes, mainly related to distribution and implantation of other malicious programs. This hijacker may cause you to be redirected to other third-party websites, through which you may easily install all sorts of adware without your real desire to do so. This is mainly done by means of presenting a lot of faulty and misleading information before you, such as the need to “update your Flash Player”, install some software, etc.
To sum up, we don’t recommend you to use Binkiland Search for finding the information online. The very presence of this hijacker in your system represents danger for your entire computer. We recommend you to scan your computer with a reliable antivirus software, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which will help you to get rid of this malicious program effectively. Trojan Killer with its full registered version may completely remove WSE_Binkiland from your computer and reset your browser affected by it. Please follow this guide below explaining how to do it in an effective way. In case you need more help on our part, please surely feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify WSE_Binkiland hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like WSE_Binkiland. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of WSE_Binkiland hijacker manually (for free):
WSE_Binkiland step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling WSE_Binkiland from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Binkiland Search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Binkiland from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on WSE_Binkiland with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Binkiland. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on WSE_Binkiland with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after WSE_Binkiland removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: