WSE_Taplika is a potentially unwanted program nowadays attacking the majority of computers. To be more precise, this infection mainly invades browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As a consequence of its installation, users will see tremendous negative changes in these affected browsers. For example, the home pages will be changed into taplika.com, and all user’s queries will be permanently redirected through these domains.
This guide will help users in removal of WSE_Taplika hijacker and taplika.com from the home page of their modified browsers. First of all, let us note that WSE_Taplika is actively distributed in the world wide web today through being bundled with a lot of other free programs. If you’re a person who is active in downloading and installing freeware into your PC, then please make sure you always pay close attention to what other free programs you’re suggested to make the part of your computer.
We’ve seen that WSE_Taplika was installed into the PC as a result of installing some online games. By the way, we’ve seen the same complaint by user at Yahoo Answers. It seems that this WSE_Taplika is distributed actively with various online games. However, it might not be just a some unwanted extra. There can be all kinds of other totally useless programs installed into your system as a result of your failure to be attentive.
Whenever you install any free applications into your computer, please always make sure you pay close attention to what other free programs you’re suggested to make the part of your computer. Your job is to carefully read the EULAs (End User’s License Agreements) of all such free applications. You need to make sure you know in advance what else you’re suggested to make the part of your system. So, if you read about such extras, then you must select the option of a custom or advanced installation, instead of the standard one. Doing so will help you to uncheck all these third-party extras from being installed into your computer by default.
There are two different methods to remove WSE_Taplika from your computer and to get rid of taplika.com from the home page of your browser. The first method implies scanning of your computer with a reliable antimalware software, removal of all detected infections and then changing the home page of your browser back into google.com or any other page you like. This can be as well done with the help of this recommended antimalware called GridinSoft Trojan Killer as explained below. Another method is to remove WSE_Taplika manually, which isn’t a difficult thing to do for experienced PC users. Please find both of these methods explained in the tutorial below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify WSE_Taplika hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like WSE_Taplika. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of WSE_Taplika hijacker manually (for free):
WSE_Taplika Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling WSE_Taplika Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with WSE_Taplika hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Taplika from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on WSE_Taplika with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Taplika. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on WSE_Taplika with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after WSE_Taplika removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: