In this guide we will tell you about another source through which adware is spread. This time we will talk about the domain called cdn.downloaddaft.com. Right now it is actively involved in presenting a lot of misleading pop-up windows through the majority of browsers. This list, of course, mainly includes Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. These pop-up windows present a lot of faulty information which has in mind to trick users into clicking on these pop-ups and downloading what they “recommend”.
In reality, the recommendations and offers by cdn.downloaddaft.com pop-ups are extremely misleading and dangerous. Users are prompted to download and install various applications, which are fairly considered as serious computer infections, or at least as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). Here is the example of this faulty information:
Install Media Downloader in order to watch videos (recommended)
- Watch HD videos online
- Enhanced video and audio files support
- Supports multi video formats and resolution
- Supports FLV/Flash
Please Update your Software
Please update your Media Downloader in order to watch online video
Updating takes under a minute – No restart is required
The fact is that there’s absolutely no need for you to download or install Media Downloader for your computer. Your system is most likely fully furnished with all the necessary software you need for watching HD videos. The problem is that the PC became infected by adware, which is now the source of these many misleading pop-ups.
As we’ve said above already, those pop-ups are all spread by means of various adware samples in your computer. In order to remove them you first need to delete (uninstall) this adware completely from your system. We recommend that you select our automatic removal solution called GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to scan your PC with it and remove all the infections it finds in your computer (with its full registered version). Don’t forget to reset your browsers as explained below. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for сdn.downloaddaft.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.