DTools.exe is a process related to several nasty hijackers infecting many PCs these days. Just as an example, it may be installed along with iStartSurf, Omniboxes, Oursurfing, etc. The purpose of DTools.exe is to protect these hijackers from being removed by users.
When you right-click on DTools.exe process through the Task Manager application, click on it with the right button of the mouse. Select “Open Containing Folder”. You will notice that DTools.exe is related to the program called ProtectWindowsManager.exe. The location for this application can be different. Typically, the malware creates the random folder names, such as WWinManProW or HWinManProH.
Below is the screenshot of the contents of either of these folders:
When you attempt to get rid of those browser hijackers, this application will not let you do it easily. In fact, there may be a lot of other additional malicious programs protecting these hijackers, such as SSFK.exe or SupHPNot.exe (HPNotify.exe). You will not be able to get rid of those many nasty hijackers from your browser without first removing these malicious programs.
In order to get rid of DTools.exe (ProtectWindowsManager.exe) program and related malware from your computer we recommend you to scan your system with a proven antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds in your PC (with its full registered copy) and to reset your browsers with its help as set forth in the rest of this tutorial.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate DTools.exe virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.