In this guide we will help you to get rid of Istart123 malware from your computer. This is a potentially unwanted program which is actively spread in the world wide web today. It is classified in our blog as a browser hijacker, and this is exactly what it does with your browser once the attack is successful. The problem of a browser hijacked by Istart123.com is the issue for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers, however, could be under the attack as well.
This browser hijacker called Istart123.com is the product of another Chinese company, know to display all sorts of other junkware among various PCs in the world. This hijacker is spread together with many other cost-free programs and drive-by downloads. Once inside, this malware will hijack the home page of all your available browsers. So, when you are just about to look for some information and open IE for example, you will see Istart123.com page to come up in the beginning, offering you to start your search with it. Plus, when you open every new search tab, you will see Istart123.com website again and again. This all surely makes your browsing as a very annoying experience.
Istart123.com browser hijacker may display a lot of intrusive ads shown at the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, you will see very many sponsored links displayed together with the search results redirected through this hijacker. As a result, your very browsing turns out to be a very annoying experience. This hijacker does’t furnish users with any relevant search results, and its only mission is to earn money for its owners, developers and distributors.
Istart123.com is protected by another potentially unwanted program called WindowsMangerProtect220.127.116.112, which is a product of Fuyu Limited, another Chinese company know for development of many tools related to adware and browser hijackers. You will see wpm_v18.104.22.1682.exe as an active process, which actively protects Istart123.com virus from being removed from your system. As a result, many users try to uninstall this browser hijacker through removal of all suspicious programs and deleting related browser add-ons and extensions. Yet, this hijacker still comes up when they open browsers to look for the important information. We recommend you to follow the guide below that will help you to get rid of Istart123 virus from your PC. Please scan your system with our recommended anti-malware tool, remove all detected infections, and reset your browser with the help of a tool we recommend you to download. If you require any additional assistance on our part, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience. We will do all our best to assist to you the best we can in malware removal from your PC.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Istart123 hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Istart123. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Similar removal video that explains removal of Istart123 hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Istart123 malware step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling programs related to Istart123 hijack from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list above).
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Istart123 hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to Istart123 trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“. Note that these can be the programs like WindowsMangerProtect22.214.171.1242, wpm_v126.96.36.1992.exe, SupTab, or similar junkware.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Istart123 virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to istart123.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Milestones to fix the Desktop shortcuts and Quick Launch and Stat menu items of your browser affected by Istart123 hijack:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“:
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to Istart123.com hijack. If you see such a “tail”, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Istart123 hijack, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 4. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: