Notification Helper is a potentially unwanted application, which is often the part of many adware programs. For example, it is related to PlusHD Q-9.1V16.01 and similar adware, which will display such Notification Helper alerts in the right bottom part of your screen. These alerts in the form of pop-ups will generally present a lot of misleading and faulty information.
Computer running slow?
For Tech/PC Support call free now – Available 24/7
Powered by PlusHD Q-9.1V12.01
Below please find the example of the misleading content expressed by Notification Helper pop-up:
This particular pop-up from Notification Helper has in mind to trick users into making a phone call to the number specified in such pop-up. Users who agree to do what this pop-up instructs them to do will most probably hear some people who don’t speak English as a native language. These people might try to gain access over your PC and to persuade you to pay money in their favour for their totally useless services on “fixing” your PC.
To remove such pop-ups by Notification Helper you need to scan your system with a reliable antimalware tool, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please follow this guide below, which will help you to do it effectively. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Notification Helper pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.