Fast Start is a special add-on of Mozilla Firefox browser. It is installed into PCs together with many browser hijackers currently attacking a lot of browsers. For example, Fast Start 4.3.0 is added into Mozilla Firefox when it is hijacked by iStart123.com or iStartSurf.com. Opening every new search tab automatically shows Fast Start. Note that this add-on is only displayed with you use Mozilla Firefox.
If you are not happy with Fast Start to appear in your browser each time you open every new search tab, then you should uninstall it from your computer. Some users try to remove it, but they don’t know how to do it effectively. They look for Fast Start in the list of legally installed applications, remove it, but still it appears when they open new tabs of Mozilla Firefox.
The trick is that it is necessary to remove Fast Start 4.3.0 extension as well from Mozilla Firefox browser. In fact, you may remove this add-on automatically by scanning your PC with some powerful anti-malware tool (like GridinSoft Trojan Killer). However, you may also do it manually without any serious complications.
This guide contains video instructions on manual removal of Fast Start add-on of Mozilla Firefox. We do recommend that you also scan your computer with a powerful anti-malware program that will successfully delete all other files and registry entries related to other possible malware, adware and potentially unwanted programs in your computer. Please follow the removal instructions set forth below. If you require our additional assistance in this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time of your preference. We will do all our best to help you the best we can in removal of this malware from your system.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Fast Start 4.3.0 automatic removal
Detailed Fast Start 4.3.0 removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Fast Start 4.3.0 from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Fast Start 4.3.0 are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fast Start 4.3.0 program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Fast Start 4.3.0 program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fast Start 4.3.0. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Fast Start 4.3.0 and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.